Love Your Body
Is it worth spending INR500 ?
Love your Body, this is what The Body Shop calls it’s loyalty programme. Here I am going to tell you my experience with LYB membership.
So I already wrote in the review of TBS bathing gloves how I ended up buying the LYB card, Now let’s talk about why I did not renew it.
Cost: This membership card is not free, You have to spend INR500 to get a beautiful green coloured smart card.
Validity: only 12 months.
- The first purchase after making of your card have 20% discount and after that 10%.
- When you will buy anything and it will exceed INR 2000 you will receive a stamp.
- Collection and redemption of reward points (not available online).
- Invitations to member only events (which I have never received).
- Exclusive offers and extra discounts.
- Sneak previews of new products ( you can get the sneak peeks even if you have liked the facebook or followed the twitter page of TBS nothing special ).
This was quoted to me by the sales girl when I made my Love your Body membership card.
My first purchase from TBS included 3 body butters and one vitamin E eye cream.
1.Moringa Body butter
2.Vitamin E body butter
3.Satsuma Body butter
4.Vitamin E eye Cream
Sadly I dint apply for LYB card that time, I should have made it because my cart value had exceeded INR2000.
The second time I made my LYB card and bought body mist, bathing gloves etc… but it dint exceed INR2000 the girl at the counter did not explain me the T & C* and I was thinking that next time I’ll buy few soaps and this way the limit of INR 2000 will exceed and I will get one stamp.
The next time when I went and filled my bags with various lip balms I was shocked when the guy at billing counter told me that my card is not showing any history. I got puzzled asked him why ? he simply told me that because last time my cash memo was under INR2000. What is this now? I asked him few more questions and read the T&C* carefully on the website.
Here I have decoded it.
- You have to make your cart value up to INR2200 because if you have purchased the products and it’s of INR2000 after deducting 10% it’ll become INR1800 and now you are not eligible for the stamp.
- After collecting you 3rd stamp you will get INR250 gift voucher, In simple language after spending at least INR 6600 you will get a gift voucher of INR 250 which you can redeem only in store not online.
- Once you have received your 6th stamp means after spending minimum INR 13,200 you will get a gift voucher worth INR 350.
- After spending minimum INR 19,800 you will get a Gift voucher worth INR 500 and after spending minimum INR 28,600 you will get INR 1000 gift voucher.
Point to be noted my lord, even if you go in the store and buy body butters, creams, scrubs, Eu de toilette and your cart value exceeded INR 30,000 you will get only and only one stamp. YES you have read it right only one stamp.
Because it’s a single cash memo.
The marketing experts make sure to fool people by putting up hidden messages and wrapping it up in a language which requires a thorough analysis to understand.
To make sure that you will get your next Love your Body membership card for free you have to atleast spend INR 19,800 this way you will get INR 500 gift voucher which you can use it to renew it.
I paid INR500 to make the card so at the end of the year I had successfully recovered it by the getting 10% discounts on the purchases.
Is it worth it?
I got the INR500 BACK which I ONLY paid in the beginning.
So, if you are a die hard TBS fan and splurge a lot on TBS products then you will surely get few gift vouchers and it will be very beneficial for you. But if you are someone like me then at the end you are gonna get your INR500 back which you have put it into the LYB card.